Our Core Values
- Village Voices was founded in the strong belief that music can and should be an enjoyable, uplifting and creative activity, as well as a very rewarding experience for all participants.
- We aim to develop and build on the choir’s technique and musicianship through regular technical exercises as well as in the context of the pieces we are rehearsing
- Our concerts are the crowning glory of all our endeavours, and our team of directors strive to present varied programmes of delightful music including performances from invited guest soloists from time to time.
- Although some members may have had no previous choral or music reading experience, every effort is made to provide support, help and encouragement to learn as they go, hopefully in an atmosphere of fun and positivity!
- We strive for excellence through hard work, commitment and teamwork. In this spirit members have shown great dedication by taking time to practise and learn their parts at home using the audio materials provided, as well as voluntarily attending extra sectional rehearsals or workshops from time to time.
- We draw from a very wide-ranging repertoire of styles including songs from the classical, jazz, popular, and folk traditions, always seeking to move forward and tackle new and often unfamiliar material with each successive term.